Monday, June 10, 2013

Two Sides of a Catskill Morning

Pepacton Reservoir
I spent three days doing research in Delaware County.  I was in Hancock to talk about economic development, then in Prattsville where I stayed in the Moore Motel that is rebuilding from the Irene flooding, then in Stamford for the Roxbury Arts Group's Open Mike, then to Platte Clove AIR cabin for an orientation, then to Roxbury for the Arts Groups Villa Lobos concert, and then down to the Mountain Dell Farm.
I’m having some difficulty in knowing what to share.  Talking to people on two sides of the issue and having the desire which is characteristic of me to explore two sides of an issue in order to understand, I find it difficult to know what to communicate.  Have people confided in me in a way that is personal and therefore not to be shared?  I don't want to gossip or start trouble.  I do want to know what people think about what other people think.
I am a fictionalist and not a reporter.  I create from the facts that I know, and I don't know all the facts, in order to tell a story that has some truth which the facts seem to suggest to me.  My imagination takes off from the information I receive like the clouds lifting off the Catskills in the morning.  At this point what I imagine doesn’t hold its shape and I am trying to get to the clarity of daytime and see the water, mountain, trees, sun, sky for what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment